Welcome to my first blog of 2021
Thank you for being here.
Normally what I’ll do is a several
pages write up of the previous year, highlighting my highs and lows in great detail … but let’s face it… 2020 doesn’t deserve that.
So, I will give you a run down in dot points.
Starting with the good stuff
- I re-joined MPC for my 3rd year and started off the year right with the 20-minute Peak Streak
- For the first time, I got to attend the MPC Member Gala because it was virtual, and it was free
- I’d reached the 10-year mark at my job and for the first time in my life – I got long service leave
- I was fit and well enough to fly to Brisbane for a week to see my Best Friend for her Birthday. While there, we saw Bloodshot in Gold Class Cinemas and had Toblerone Cocktails to celebrate.
- By the end of March, I’d lost 11kgs (24lbs or 1.73 stone)
- I celebrated my 43rd Birthday with Jam and Cream Scones
- I made many more friends in the Outlander Fandom
- Got a question answered by Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe in an Outlander fan Q and A
- Got to attend a few Outlander panel events because they were virtual and free
- I started writing letters to people to try and start up a Pen Pal exchange
- I became an admin for the OUTLANDER LOUNGE FB page
- I managed to get a copy of CLANLANDS which was signed by Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish
- New Glasses
- Used Zoom for the first time EVER
- Began working from home
- Walked away from toxic friendships /individuals
- Embraced Online shopping
- Got a bloody hair cut! (Massive highlight)
- Kept being able to do my PT sessions via Face time (The lovely Shani moved interstate)
- Was over all blessed to have been able to keep my job and have an income. As such, I was able to help friends in need throughout the year and I am forever thankful to have been able to do that.
- Was able to spend a lot more time with my Hubby as well. Which was lovely and something I have really learned to appreciate
- Found Hubby a copy of Bruce Dickinson’s book “The Adventures of Lord Iffy Boat Race” for Christmas. (It arrived after Christmas, but it still counts)
- I’ve not gotten a cold/ flu/chest infection once
And now we get to why 2020 sucked for me
- Covid -19. More or less ruined everything
- Victoria’s first and then 2nd wave of the virus (At time of writing, the state is desperately trying to stop a third wave)
- 112 days of stage 4 lockdown
- Being separated from my loved ones and friends (And, before anyone says anything – I know I am not the world’s biggest social person … It was the fact the CHOICE to be that way was taken away from me
- I had no Chiropractic/ Nero -Chiropractic/ Massages for over 8 weeks
- I’m still yet to see my Dental Specialist -it’s been over a year
- I had Sciatica for 2 months
- I tore a muscle in my right shoulder
- I got a really bad case of Cellulitis -that almost saw me in Hospital
- Several nasty falls
- My Blood Pressure rose to ridiculously high levels (for me) and saw me on meds for a good 3 months
- I wasn’t sleeping well and was having nightmares
- I had 3 people I knew pass away.
- Many of my friends got Covid. (Thankfully they all recovered)
- I called it quits on a certain individual in the Outlander Fandom. This person was making me miserable and made me quit twitter as a result.
- Fandom drama and bullshit was at an all-time high in 2020. I really did see some of the worst types of people – and I hope to never see them again
- Donald Trump – need I say more?
- I had more computer / Internet issues than I could poke a stick at in 2020
- Since March I’ve gained 14kgs (30.8 lbs / 2.20 stone) I plan to get rid of that this year
- Both my Hubby and I have spent most of 2020 worried and stressed. UGH
- Trying to find comfortable masks …. Yep
And that pretty much is it . Tune in next Sunday for an update
Thanks for reading,